Monday, June 13, 2011

Just a bit different

Yesterday afternoon, after my weekend of fun, I decided it was necessary to do some serious cooking.   I surveyed the recipe pages of a few blogs & came up with a plan.
First -
Sweet Potato Meatloaf.
I love that its a different twist on meatloaf. I'm on a big sweet potato kick and make a LOT of meatloaf.



joys of cooking for 1 - 1 now, 5 for later

 delic.  (I put a lil bbq sauce on the side too)

Next up! Granola. 
last week's granola was so fabulous, I need to start making it more often. 


1 cup rolled oats
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp agave nectar

mix all ingredients. spread evenly on parchment paper. bake at 325 for 10 minutes. flip granola. bake 10 minutes. 
Flavor is good - but I should've used a touch of oil. Not as crunchy as I wanted it to be. 

Now for one of my favorite snacks, which is definitely just a bit different, but I've been eating it this way for yearss & secretly, its the only way I want popcorn.   
(I know I didn't make it up. a chrissy creation maybe?) 
Bare with me - it sounds a little weird, but its awesome. 

94% fat free microwave butter popcorn
Frank's Red Hot sauce
little bit black pepper

so good. 
just try it. 

I'm getting to the point in my training plan that I have to up my short runs. Tonight's run was a pretty brutal 4.5 miles. My right shin tightened up right away and it felt like I had one lead foot. I can't even explain it, but it made running realllyy hard.  So I paused stretched a lil and powered through. Once I got to about 2.5 miles, it loosened up & I started feeling pretty good. 

I feel like a terrible Boston-ite Bostonian (fail alli. fail.) I'm not even pretending to watch Game 6. Oops. 
Go Bruins! 


No comments: