Monday, May 16, 2011

weekend recap

Sunday, I had the pleasure of attending the Inaugural David D. Main Memorial Golf Tournament.
The rain stopped just in time for an afternoon of great golf & great people.  
Huge success!

Just a few of the many photos of the day










Saturday, I ran the CapeAbilities 5K. 

gooood morning. i'm sleepy but exciiited

Let's just say it was a phenomenal first race.  I was worried about pacing myself - since I really don't and I have no idea how face I run once I get off the treadmill.
I'm pretty sure I run slow. I was thinking it would take me around 33 min, figuring just over 10 min miles. I was thrilled when I got to the finish & realized.  
28:35
I felt like rockstar for the rest of the weekend :)   (ill spare you the after photo. smiled so hard I practically strained my neck muscles. fail. need to stop doing that)

Race 2 only a few weeks away

and on Friday - I made my first green monster

spinach
frozen berry blend - strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
unsweetened applesauce
chocolate whey protein powder
almond milk
vanilla extract
ice

DELICIOUS

getting hooked on smoothies. get ready for it. 

hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and painless monday.   1 day closer to the weekend!!

No comments: