Thursday, May 5, 2011

happy thursdayyy

cinco de mayo!  the holiday created to celebrate my love for mexican food & margaritas. mmhhmm

so i made a repeat of previously blogged mexican wonderfulness here. unfortunately it was a marg free evening. 

this morning though. amazingggg.   all these blogs I read - talk about smoothies. smoothies for any meal of the day. delicious, cold, creamy, & filling.  sounds fantastic.  soo!  
this morning I made this..
(and was secretly super-impressed with myself that i managed to use kitchen appliances before work)

in love.

6 oz container 0% Fage yogurt
1/3 cup water
handful of ice
handful of frozen strawberries
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp slivered almonds
splash of vanilla extract

i really need to invest in a giant cup. preferably with a big bendy straw.
and i was full til lunch! must make more of these. 

trying my first buckwheat bake tomorrow. prepped & ready to go for the AM.     had to seriously resist making lots of new deliciousness tonight. not enough time to eat everything I wanted to make.   such problems right?

whats everyone doing for mothers day?  i'm heading to the cape to properly celebrate momma w. :) 

No comments: