Monday, April 11, 2011

blame it on the wind

i've been hanging out in slacker city lately. ooopss.
no blogging for 9 days. eekk
and only ran once in the last week.  (i blame it on some minor knee pain, but really.. thats laaame)

today was GORGEOUS. Delightful 70 degrees, so perfect for running outside.  I've been fully committed to the treadmill til now, telling myself its too cold to run outside. So today I get excited to get my ass in gear, mapmyrun, & take off to the Esplanade for a breezy 4 miles.
its amazing, picture perfect Boston, crew teams on the Charles, sun setting..  and then I realize its soooo much harder. Maybe its the wind!? we'll blame it on the wind. with a twist of the fact that its not flat.  i dont know, but it hurt & i even had to walk a lil in the middle.
so moral of the story - I got my ass kicked, but kind of loved it.

in other news -
Lots more cooking.. BEST casserole ever. & healthy-ish too.
recipe courtesy of Iowa Girl Eats & found here:  Chicken, spinach, artichoke casserole  




looks amazing. tastes pretty fantastic too.

make it. you know you want to.
great work lunch & makes my coworkers jealous. ha. score.

No comments: