Thursday, July 7, 2011

routine & limits

I'm a big fan of routine. and well.. specifically. I'm a pretty big fan of my routine.  
I have very little trouble lately staying on track, eating well, & working out.
After 4+ days at the Cape - I'm finding it near impossible to get back on track. 

I want to sleep. A LOT.
I want chocolate. and salty snacks. and wine.
I don't want to run.
I was even tempted to order food, like dominos. ick.  (dont worry I didn't)

So needless to say, I'm going to get back on track but its reallyyy tough.  I'm learning that just because I'm good most of the time or that I ran 8 miles or its a holiday that needs to be celebrated, I can't let myself go completely crazy. Indulge - yes. for sure.   but 4 full days of too much everything. not cool.

Now this was my first extended weekend with lots of celebrating since I really started paying attention, so I'm not surprised I went overboard, nor am I going to beat myself up about it. BUT I'm learning my limits. and acknowledging that I exceeded them for sure. 
now if I could just get that self-control thing down.

Last night was the first time in a long time that I got home from work and had nothing to do.

great plan right?
perfection.



MUST RUN TONIGHT.
serious fail this morning.

anyone else hanging out in struggle-city this week? 

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I recently read the help and loved it! are you enjoying it??

also, i swallowed a bug (sooo gross!) while running the other night and thought of your recent post on the same thing :)

Lisa said...

I have never commented on a blog before...but I can't wait for your visit in just over a week! We will keep a (somewhat) healthy routine and run a lot!

Alli said...

Dawn - yeah I am really enjoying it. Everyone seems to love it, so I figured it was about time I read it. Bugs are gross, but kind of funny. hazard of the hobby I guess. :)

Lisa - yayy for comments!
and yeah we'll be reasonable at least. and FYI - I have to do 10 miles on Saturday while I'm there. eekkk.
Cant wait to see youuu!

gail said...

Alli.. misery likes company..I went way off track this weekend too...Did not like the scale when I returned from the Cape... but have been trying to control myself... great workout today mowing the lawn and painting and scraping the deck.. so I feel a little better...it was those Cheetos that ruined me...